Hot Cams HD Automatic Cam Chain Tensioner for Polaris RZR 570 / 900 / XP 1000
The stock chain tensioner in your Polaris motor is hydraulic and is known to fail randomly. To make matters worse the OEM tensioner has a weep hole so it looses tension when you shut off the motor. The engine noise you hear when you start your motor that goes away after a few seconds is the slack in your timing chain making noise while the tensioner is priming. When the tensioner fails it causes your timing chain to come off or jump teeth causing the piston to hit the valves which results in catastrophic failure. If this happens it will require a complete engine rebuild which will cost thousands of dollars. Additionally, If you roll or flip your RZR there is a high probability of it losing prime by fluid draining out the weep hole and loosing oil pressure which can also cause a catastrophic engine failure.
All of these issues can be easily solved with an Hot Cams HD Automatic Cam Chain Tensioner. This tensioner Yamaha's proven OEM ratcheting style tensioner in combination with Hot Cams CNC machined billet aluminum housing to ensure a perfect fit to the Polaris motors.
- Eliminates start up noise caused by OEM hydraulic tensioner.
- Eliminates risk of jumping cam timing caused by OEM tensioner.
- Maintains tension while vehicle is on its side and upside down unlike OEM.
- This is a must on every RZR as the OEM tensioner is known for causing catastrophic engine failure if there is a loss of hydraulic pressure.
- Uses OEM Yamaha automatic ratcheting tensioner with proven reliability.
- Adapter anodize black.
- OEM Yamaha Tensioner
- Billet CNC Machined Adapter
- Steel Cam Chain Button
- All Installation Hardware